What is a home protection plan?
A home protection plan is simple. It's a one-year service contract that covers the repair or replacement of many of the home system components and appliances that typically break down over time.
Why do I need a home protection plan?
It's not just about your budget - it's about having the confidence that a problem is handled before it even occurs. Whether it's your heating and air conditioning, refrigerator or just the kitchen faucet - appliances and home system components eventually fail. An American Home Shield Home Protection Plan can help you avoid the cost of repairs and replacements - but it also relieves you from the frustrations and uncertainties of finding a qualified service contractor.
Why should I choose American Home Shield?
As the industry leader with over 40 years experience, we have the
know-how and financial backbone to honor our word. Year after year, we
stand by our customers. As an American Home Shield customer, you get the
full confidence that when problems arise, we'll be there for you. We
help facilitate the entire process and provide quality service when it
comes to repairing or replacing your covered items.
How does a home protection plan work?
- When a covered item breaks down, just follow these simple steps:
- Request service online at www.ahs.com or by calling 1 800 776 4663.
- Once your request is received, one of our contractors will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- Your Trade Service Call Fee is due and payable to the contractor when they arrive.
- The contractor will diagnose the problem and contact us.
- We will determine whether your problem is covered by your home protection plan, the contractor will repair or replace your equipment.
We will follow up with you by email and/or phone to make sure your problem was resolved to your satisfaction.
We take great pride in finding qualified service contractors to help you. This is how we satisfy over one million customers nationwide, year after year.
To learn more, please call 1 800 735 4663 or visit www.ahs.com.